Friday, April 6, 2007

Cries of my heart 2 (from my journal '03)

Can I be wrong? Can I be wronged?
Can I have done wrong?
Can wrong be done to me?
It's all wrong...haven't I heard myself said this?
There's too much wrong.
Too much have gone wrong.
Too much pain, brokenness, suffering, sin, pride, fight, complication, weakness, ignorance, naiveness, denial...
Too much "should not be," "ought not to be"
and the most of all--Jesus dying for men, for you and me
On our behalf...crucified in shame, accused, mocked, condemned, judged.
God died for me, on behalf of me, for the penalty of my sins.
God was wronged. Wrong was done to God.
Sin hurt God. Sin cost God--His name, His life, His all.
Man's sin and God's love killed God.
Love resurrected God.
God is bearing with it. God allows it.
God is working hard against it. God is fighting hard.
God's love...gentle and strong, tender and fierce, patient and persistent
God is in control. God reigns.

2 Responses:

A seeker of grace and truth said...

Hello was it u xling who asked me, "wat does it mean to hope in God (future) when there's so much pain (immediate and future)?"

A seeker of grace and truth said...

It's hard. Ling dear, I'm still askg this qn n more, still seekg/searchg; I don't hv all the ans. Thx 4 being a fran on this rd w me. I believe the issues involved in this qn r complex, yet v personal. We nid time 2 slowly unpack those issues so that this cry of our hrt is respectfully heard. (Jerry Sittser's writings has helped me lots.) So my attempt 2 ans u here is v inadequate.
I'm learng that it's gd 2 allow my soul 2 grief-grief over the losses in my life. I'm beginning 2 believe, s contrary s it may seem, griefing may b the pathway 2 hope n joy.
Let's also learn 2 rmbr n hold on 2 the seemingly unseen truth which is s real s those seen reality, if not more real, like the air: the Redeemer is real. True. Love. Good. Holy. Just. Faithful. Powerful. hence trustworthy, even tho I oft struggle 2 trust Him. Let's learn 2 "dare" 2 wrestle w Him honestly when we struggle 2 c Him s who He is so that we'll surrender fr our hrt in worship of Him. I'm only a beginner in this.
Let's remind 1 anor oft (bc the world's continually tryg 2 convince us otherwise in a million ways/more; n we can't c the end now): the ending is zealed n it's gonna b good, in fact, so gd that we won't b able 2 stop praising Him 4 it. So we can hang on n live 1 day @ a time on those worst days bc the end will definitely b gd, plsg, n perfect, w/o a shadow of doubt/tear. Meanwhile, we ask, we seek, we knock, n I kno it's juz a matter of time b4 we r fully found in Him. Hallelujah! What a glorious day that shall be! (Tik abt T. S. Eliot's words in my newsletter Dec '05)